Tonight on News Stream, we had the privilege of paying homage to the one and only George Dubya Bush, as he sets about promoting his (or at least his ghost writer's) magnum opus, "Decision Points". In commemoration of Dubya Day (as those in the know probably aren't calling it), here is a small selection of Mr Bush's finest bons mots...
The ones that made the cut...
- "They misunderestimated me." – Bentonville, Arkansas, November 6, 2000
- "I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport." –Washington, D.C., October 3, 2001
- "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." – Washington, D.C., August 5, 2004
And a few classics that did not...
- "Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" – Florence, South Carolina, January 11, 2000
- "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." – Poplar Bluff, Missouri, September 6, 2004
- "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." – LaCrosse, Wisconsin, October 18, 2000
- "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." – Greater Nashua, New Hampshire, January 27, 2000
Tune into News Stream tomorrow evening, when we'll be celebrating the intellectual achievements of Paris Hilton.
Or perhaps not.
Best of luck with your book, President Bush!